Attorney Christopher Wells: Aggressively Defending Those Accused Of Domestic Assault
While any type of criminal charge needs to be taken very seriously, this is especially the case in domestic assault matters. Also sometimes called domestic violence, even an accusation of domestic assault can have a major and lasting impact on your life. If you are facing domestic assault accusations or charges, talk to an Attorney immediately.
At Wells Law, PC, in Keene, New Hampshire, Attorney Christopher Wells has over 30 years of criminal defense experience that he puts to work for you. He is aggressive in his protection of your rights, working tirelessly to see that your side of the story is heard and taken into consideration by the courts when they’re determining the outcome of the case.
The Effects Of A Conviction On Your Life
It is extremely important to retain legal counsel as soon as possible after a domestic violence incident, as your rights can then be protected from the start. With decades of criminal defense experience, Attorney Wells thoroughly understands the impact that a domestic assault or stalking conviction can have on your life. Consequences include the following:
- Not only would you be facing jail time, but you could also be limited by a protective order (restraining order) and therefore unable to go back to your home.
- You may be separated from your children and unable to see them.
- A conviction would mean a criminal record, which may prevent you from obtaining a job, housing, loans and other opportunities.
- Your domestic assault conviction would be a public record.
- You would lose your right to gun ownership.
By speaking with an Attorney with an established criminal defense practice, you are taking the first step to a better understanding of what lies ahead and what you can legally do about it.
Things To Do And Not To Do After A Charge
- DON’T: Do not try to contact the alleged victim yourself or through a third party. This may violate the terms of a restraining or no-contact order, and, overall, it is just a bad idea.
- DON’T: Do not try to represent yourself. Having an Attorney who knows the law is crucial in the fight for your rights and freedom.
- DO: It is important to take photos of any injuries that you have from the incident that took place. This can provide evidence for your defense team.
- DO: Stay calm and level-headed. Stay “clean and sober,” as using any drugs or alcohol may influence your behavior and lead to additional issues.
- DO: Ask for help protecting your assets. It can be difficult to protect your personal property if you are unable to go back to your home, but Attorney Wells can assist with this.
Work With A Talented Criminal Defense Attorney
It is essential to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. Get in touch with the firm now by calling 603-276-3285 or sending an email. Attorney Wells will then get started discussing your case and options.